Occasionally, we catch a summer cold that we don‘t recognize. This cold may adversely affect your health harsher than a slight cold. Investigate why we may catch the summer cold, why it is nastier than a usual cold and how we can prevent it.
▶Why do we catch the summer cold?
1. There is a big temperature difference during the change of seasons so it is difficult to take care of our health.
2. As turning on your air-conditioner in a hot afternoon, you make your surrounding too cool. Under this condition, you are too weak to combat viruses.
▶Why is it nastier?
Symptoms of the summer cold include a high fever, a cough, and a variety of complications. In addition, irregular menstruation suddenly occurs in the case of women.
▶How do we prevent it?
• It is best to avoid places with many people.
• Make it a habit to wash your hands thoroughly.
• Make sure indoor air is dry by using a humidifier, which protects your lungs.
• When using an air-conditioner, set the temperature within five degrees celsius between the indoor and outdoor. Let it ventilate frequently.
• Avoid eating cold food.
If you keep the summer cold in mind, you can enjoy your summer more happily.
김영중 수습기자 email@example.com
<저작권자 © 황룡닷컴, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>